OKAY! I could not find a working WordPress Survey plugin! So I put it on Survey Monkey. Please respond and share if you're a Twitter user:
Results as of January 30, 2009:
1. How do you feel about Tweets with foul language?
- 40% I am fine with it.
- 6.7% I am fine with it and use it regularly.
- 0% I'm offended but still follow.
- 0% I'm offended and unfollow when I see it.
- 53.3% It depends on the severity and/or frequency of the foul language. I might unfollow if bad enough.
2. Should Twitter or a third party Twitter app allow a filter or word-replacement function?
- 53.3% Don't be silly. Censorship has no place on Twitter. People can unfollow if they don't like it.
- 6.7% I'd be interested in an option in Twitter or third party app.
- 6.7% Twitter should filter foul language automatically for everyone to protect the children.
- 33.3% I don't care if someone makes an option. I wouldn't use it.
- 0% If a filter option existed, I'd stop using Twitter.
If you haven't responded, please respond as the more data, the better.